The weather is turning cooler. Yeah, so in Florida, that means at night I can turn the air off and open the window.
Cooler weather also means corn mazes, football and soup. Yes, soup. It’s hard for me to really enjoy a nice hot bowl of soup when I’m sweating in front of the A/C.
But now that’s it’s cooler, I have three soups that I am planning on making this week alone!! I”m so excited.
This soup is one of my most requested and it’s super easy because it’s done in the crockpot. Can I hear three cheers for crockpots??!!
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 (16 oz) can chili beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 oz) beer
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced Rotel tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 pkg taco seasoning (I use Taco Bell's mild original)
- 3 thawed or fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- shredded cheese, cheddar or Colby Jack
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- In the crockpot, place the chopped onion.
- Pour in the undrained chili beans and black beans and the drained corn.
- Add in the tomato sauce.
- Pour in the beer.
- Add the two cans of undrained Rotel tomatoes.
- Sprinkle in the taco seasoning.
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Place the chicken breasts over the mixture and spoon mixture over the breasts just until covered.
- Cook on low heat, covered, for five hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts and shred the meat.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the crockpot and cook on low for an additional two hours.
- Top with shredded cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips if you desire.
This is being shared at: Inspiration Monday Party, A Pinch of Joy, Made by You Monday, Motivate Me Monday Block Party, Make the Scene Monday, Give Me the Goods Link Party, Monday Funday, What’d You Do This Weekend?, A Round Tuit, Recipe Sharing Monday, Whimsy Wednesday