This is our favorite breakfast yet on Trim Healthy Mama
diet lifestyle plan!! And it’s one meal that the whole family can enjoy.
I don’t think there’s really a wrong way to do this so feel free to change seasonings and even cheese flavors. I am sharing our favorite version of this.
- 1 lb. mild turkey breakfast sausage (I use Jenny-O brand, comes in a tube)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 sweet onion
- 14 eggs
- 1/4 c. half and half
- 1 c. lowfat cottage cheese
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 c. chopped spinach
- to season: pinch of salt, several shakes of pepper and rubbed sage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Cook turkey in a skillet along with the onions, peppers and seasonings.
- In a bowl, mix all other ingredients together.
- Add the turkey mix to the bowl.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for one hour.