Wow. I can’t believe our first full week is actually gone by now. It’s nice to have a schedule but it’s a good thing that I write it in pencil. I’ve already had to change it.
My oldest son is doing some job training for a new job and that during this transitional time, it’s messed up some of what I had planned for him. Then I wasn’t sure we were going to go on a field trip that our support group has scheduled. But we did. And stayed aallll day long. And then we had revival Thursday and Friday night (which didn’t affect our school really but just something else we did.) And I decided to postpone my college classes til at least next semester.
I finally got all of my books and homeschool stuff unpacked and organized. I have six bookcases full now. And the shelves are labeled. And I have tons of stuff set aside to sell. I should’ve done that over the summer!!
Some other highlights:
- I got to have some great one-on-one deep conversations with my teenage sons this week.
- My (seven and half year old) baby has his first loose tooth
- Pretty soon I will have another driver in the house
- My oldest daughter has signed up to be Dove Discoveries Independent Chocolatier. Sounds fancy, huh? It’s a direct sales opportunity and she had her first party yesterday. It was delicious. Not just chocolate candy and not what is available in the stores. (If you are looking for a great way to earn some extra money, send me a message!!)
- I rarely, if ever, win anything. Yet, this week I won MOH Volume I and a $75 Educent gift card!! I’m soooo stoked. I was wanting to do MOH next year so now I have plenty of time to read it ahead and get my brain wrapped around it. Now I have to decide how to spend my $75. I just missed the Life of Fred Language Arts series. Bummer.
Here’s some pics from our field trip. It was Homeschooler’s Day at MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa).
This post is also being shared at My Week in Review.