Happy 4th of July everyone!!! It’s only fitting that today’s blogging challenge is “Celebrate”.
Around here any celebration means family, food and fun.
I didn’t take too many pictures but this was our day:
- I slept 🙂
- Husband got most of the walls and a portion of the roof up on our chicken coop
- Oldest daughter spent the day in Orlando (Celebration, really) at the Sci Fi Fourth of July with friends.
- Other daughter stayed down south and spent the day with friends.
- Oldest son brought his girlfriend over for awhile. We ate lunch together (grill broke so I improvised and just cooked indoors) and then they played video games with the younger boys.
- Other boys stayed around here playing games and hanging out.
Overall it was a nice relaxing day. But I do miss the days when all the kids were home and I lived near family. I miss big cookouts with tons of people, playing horseshoes and badminton, maybe going fishing and then everyone watching fireworks together.
We aren’t going to any firework shows tonight but obviously there are a lot going on right now. It’s a little after 9 pm and it sounds like our house has been under attack for the last 30 minutes at least! Unfortunately, with all of trees overhead, we can’t see the displays…only hear them. We did purchase a few small ones and lit them tonight. I thought about doing a bonfire but the mosquitoes seem to be pretty bad out there. I got a couple of bites just with the few fireworks we did.