We are all for adventurous fun – geocaching, scavenger hunts, treasure hunts- you name it. In fact, when my kids first start reading, we always do little treasure hunts and my older kids were so excited when the youngest could do them. Of course, when I was given a chance to review not one, but two, treasure hunts from Clued in Kids, we were ecstatic. I chose Multiplication Dragons and Thanksgiving Treasure Hunts.
Multiplication Dragons Treasure Hunt
This is actually five treasure hunts in one!!! Score!! It comes in a printable PDF file and covers time tables 2 through 6. It is designed for ages 7-9 to help inspire them to learn their multiplication tables. And I will tell you, it was a great motivator for my 7 year old son!! He hasn’t mastered all of them but insisted on doing the hunts for each one; I just had to help a little when he struggled. I would pull out some manipulatives to help but he insisted that I just tell him the answers because he had to hurry. It wasn’t a race but he had more fun pretending that it was.
The hunts have a great variety of objectives. There were different types of puzzles and of course, some math problems.
Thanksgiving Treasure Hunt
This hunt also came as a printable PDF file and is geared for ages 4 and up. The hunt teaches about Thanksgiving through the use of fun puzzles and activities. This was one the whole family enjoyed.
What We Liked
- The puzzles were fun and engaging without being cheesy.
- The hunt was extremely quick and easy to set up. All I had to do was print it out, cut apart the hints and hide them where they needed to be hidden. (Each hint has instructions written on the bottom of where you should place it so there’s no guessing.)
- The hunts are do-able. From having access to everything required to set up the hunt (easy places to hide the hints like freezer, dishwasher, mailbox, etc.) to the puzzles being challenging enough to be fun but not frustrating.
- Printable PDFs means I have forever access to the hunts. I know the Thanksgiving hunt will become a tradition around my house for years to come. (Some hunts are PDF files and some you purchase a physical product.)
- The prices are very reasonable. The Multiplication Dragon sells for $19.99 (remember there are five hunts in this one package) and the Thanksgiving hunt is $5.99.
Get Connected on Social Media
It’s not too soon to be thinking about Christmas and Clued in Kids is gearing up to help you make this Christmas great, including a way to get a free treasure chest and fun unique Christmas cards!! Be sure to read all about it.
There are many different hunts available and my fellow Review Crew got to try everything from sports to other holidays, nutrition to themed hunts, there’s something for everyone. Be sure to click the graphic below to read more reviews.