List situations that make you cry.
1. Birth. Not my own. But anyone else’s. People I know. Complete strangers. Doesn’t matter. Whenever I was pregnant and we had cable, I used to watch all these shows on TLC about pregnancy and childbirth. It was my daily dose of crying. I’m not sure why I’ve never cried at my own children’s birth. I think I was just too awe-struck.
(This is the birth announcement I made when our last was born.)
2. Proposals. Again, didn’t cry at my own. Of course, mine wasn’t very romantic. I keep telling my husband that I should’ve said no until he did something more like a grand gesture. But romantic men? I guess because I think they are a dying breed. Or maybe an already dead breed. But I’m a sucker at watching those over-the-top proposals on You Tube.
3. Media. I really can’t use up the rest of my list with books, movies, commercials so I am cheating and lumping them all here under media. Every Nicholas Sparks book has made me cry. Why? Because I think someone dies in each one. Movies. Some I can watch over and over and over and still cry. Armageddon. Notebook. Steel Magnolias. Artificial Intelligence. Pay It Forward. I could go on and on. Commercials? Some do. I think it was HP used to do a commercial and it showed pictures of someone’s life from birth (remember #1) all the way through the milestones in their life.
4. Marching bands. I have absolutely no idea why. I’m sure if I did some really intense therapy they would either discover some deep rooted connection with marching bands or that I’m just weird. It’s just so patriotic to me. Somehow I also relate to hearing marching bands to Star Spangled Banner, prayer and Pledge of Allegiance. And I do tear up at each of those too. Maybe it’s connected to high school football games??
5. Soldiers. I’m not really even sure where to begin here. I just listed the National Anthem and Pledge. The biggest thing that makes me cry is watching those homecoming videos on You Tube of soldiers that’s been deployed and they come home to surprise their family. Just makes me cry like a baby.
Alright, that’s five for me. Now you share. Ready, GO!