(Visit Day 1 for the Intro)
List the animals that scare you:
1. Spiders. Not all spiders. But most of them. Big ones scare me. (Florida has spiders that are on steroids!!) Hopping ones. And pregnant ones.
2. Coyotes. I would never imagined several years ago that they would be on my list. But of course, I had never had a close encounter with them until we moved to Florida. We used to make bonfires in our backyard. Then one night we heard a lot of rustling in the woods. Which is pretty normal. Usually it’s bunnies. Or armadillos. Sometimes bobcats but they keep their distance from humans. We shined the flashlight up and less than 20 feet away was a pack of coyotes. We had the kids very slowly walk backwards to get back into the house and then slowly hubs and I followed. A couple of weeks ago a pack attacked a man and his small dog while they were walking about two blocks from our house.
3. Scorpions. Again, something I was not really afraid of until we moved to Florida. But we get little ones. In our house. In. Our. Bed. Seriously creepy!! At least, thankfully, we’ve never been stung.
4. Bats. I actually have a love/hate relationships with bats. I love that they eat mosquitoes. I hate mosquitoes. Mainly because I seem to always be on the menu for them. I had a doctor once that said it’s because of my blood type, I smell better to them. Which might be true but the kids with my blood type, also always seem to get bit. But in our first house, we had two fireplaces. And evidently there was a gap somewhere because one night while we were watching tv we heard that shrill squeaking noise. After awhile, my husband discovered bats were caught in the chimney. And guess what? They couldn’t go up….so they came down. And in our house. After the third time, I forced my husband into selling the house. He said he fixed the chimney so no more bats could come down but I didn’t trust him. Next house did not have a fireplace.
5. Frogs. They scare me to death. They are just creepy looking. Those beady little eyes. And they jump. Other than bunnies, I don’t like anything that jumps. Actually bunnies hop so I guess that’s okay. Frogs never really bothered me until my daughter worked for a little while delivering newspapers. This job was naturally third shift. And I went with her on weekends. And a lot of other times too. I’ll clue you in to living in Florida – in the summer, it rains nearly every day. Sometimes only ten minutes or so. But almost every day. And that brings out frogs. Little tiny green tree frogs. That are very cute in books. Or far away. But they are not cute when they are covering the newspaper rack that you need to open. And they are definitely not cute jumping around inside your house. That’s right, somehow they are sneaking in and I’ve had to have the boys remove four just this week.
Any animals that scare you? Share away if you want.