It’s Friday. This week is a blur. It might be because my husband was home in the middle of the week which throws off our groove. It might be because I’ve been more preoccupied with other things going on. Or it might be because right now I am overcome with a migraine. And I can think of very little else.
1) Last weekend, my daughter and I made a wedding cake and had to deliver it. The wedding was in Fort Wilderness, Fort Meade, FL and it is gorgeous there. What a quaint place to have an outdoor wedding!! There was a beautiful gazebo surrounded by huge Spanish moss covered oak trees.
It was fun to be able to play with the airbrush gun. And it was great to be able to see friends I hadn’t seen in months.
2) Then my husband was home. I spent one day on the road with him. We went car shopping. No luck. After years of being a mini-van mom, (I remember being the only one in our homeschool group without a van, but that was prior to baby #3) I am now looking to downsize to a car. I would love to be able to fill up a gas tank for less than $60!! And this summer I plan on doing a lot of discovering Florida so it needs to be a comfy ride too.
3) Ever since our introduction to Supercharged Science (see button on sidebar and read my review), my kids have been trying to find scientific discoveries everywhere. My son did some cool water/ice trick. I can’t get the video to upload here but I did post it on my Instagram. Basically, you put a water bottle in the freezer until right before it freezes, for us, that was just shy of four hours. Then you get a bowl of ice. Slowly pour the water over the ice. As the water hits the ice, it freezes into a solid slushy. Then he got the slush to ice up the stream actually coming out of the bottle and inside the bottle too. It was pretty cool.
4) cub scouts, we went and toured the library. I had been waiting to let Jeremiah get his own card so this was a great opportunity. All of the scouts signed up for library cards and some adults. It surprised me how very few of them knew their way around a library and didn’t have cards. I guess it’s because I’ve always considered libraries a home away from home. If I’m not home, that’s usually where I am. I pray that Jeremiah will grow up with a love for books. Out of five kids, so far, only one shares my avid book reading fetish. If I had a dream getaway, it would probably be in a cabin somewhere in the mountains, relaxing next to the sounds of a babbling brook reading. I collect books. I own more books than my local library.
I missed a Mom’s Night at my church. Bleh. I haven’t been able to figure out how to be in two places at the same time. Oh well.
5) I finally got all the ingredients in (final shipment JUST arrived!!) to make some natural remedies that I will be sharing this weekend. They are all found in a wonderful book that I am reading and will be reviewing so don’t miss it.
This post is being shared at: